People all over the world use meals as a social activity. Snack time as school is no different! This is prime communication time and an opportunity to not be missed. Use this quick handout to help facilitate some chatter and work on those important conversation skills.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- SLPs who want to provide conversation starters for their students during snack time.
- This would also be great to have teachers or teaching assistants use to help guide some social conversation.
- This is a single page download for you to use during snack time at school.
- Make a copy for each student so they can follow along and have the prompts ready and accessible.
- Model each prompt for the students.
- Keep a handout near the snack area at all times for others to use to help facilitate conversation when you are not there. The more people modeling the merrier right ;)
CHECK OUT THESE ACTIVITIES TO HELP BOOST THOSE PRAGMATIC SKILLS!