A batch of math activities I've used on substitute assignments. I've had great success with both small groups and large groups.
Here's what's included:
* Roll and Graph: Students roll two dice, graph their results, and then answer questions. (I used this with third graders in a resource class.)
* Snack & Sort: The class or group sorts cereal or jelly beans and answers questions. A sorting mat is included.
* Teddy Bear Math: Students use teddy bear graham crackers or animal cookies for sorting, estimating, shapes, capacity, and arithmetic (This is probably my most popular activity with kids.)
* Number cards 1-15 with a cupcake theme and task cards to reinforce greater than/less than and simple addition. Number cards are bilingual English/Spanish.
* A page of explanation and suggestions