Snack in a Box is a FUN activity if your goal is to develop receptive language skills by providing multi-step directions to your clients.
It includes a number of two step directions that has additional terms such as quantitative (e.g. numbers 1-3) and temporal (i.e. before, after).
Suggestions for using "Snack in a Box"
1. If you are working with a student with quantitative terms, you can change the numbers into other words like some, many, each, few.
2. If you are working with a group, let them provide instructions to each other. Taking turns until they complete all the instructions.
3. Keep markers, pencils and crayons with you to prompt your client to request "properly" when he/ she needs them.
4. Remind clients to listen very carefully to your instructions and mention if you will be repeating them or will just give it once.
5. Have FUN and please share this activity with your friends/ colleagues and fellow Teachers!