Snakes and ladders is a fun way for ESL/EFL students to practice verb conjugation.
Be the first knight to reach the castle by talking your way to the top!
This pack includes 4 versions of the game:
- Regular Verbs, Beginner: simple present, continuous, and simple past
- Regular Verbs, Intermediate: simple present, continuous, simple past and present perfect
- Irregular Verbs, Beginner: simple present, continuous, and simple past
- Irregular Verbs: Intermediate: simple present, continuous, simple past and present perfect
- Black & White printable versions of all 4 game boards
Game focus is on verb conjugation in various tenses and forming correct sentences.
Create hundreds of sentences!
- 50 verbs: common regular and irregular verbs
- 4 tenses: present simple, continuous, past simple, present perfect
- 3 forms: affirmative, negative, and question forms.
- Verb Conjugation Chart
This game is a digital activity with moveable pieces. Designed for distance learning and in-class use.
Play alone for 2-6 players or in teams for larger groups.
How to Play:
Students make sentences depending on the color square they land on and the number shown on the dice. Highly conversational and interactive.
Note: You will need a die to play. Use a real one, or do a quick search for a free online dice generator. The die will need to have 6 sides.
Includes color and monochromatic versions. PDF.
Want more games?
- Enjoy this lesson to the fullest extent of the law.
- Check out some of my other lessons and activities in my store.
- Please leave me some previews. (the 'p' is silent.:)
- Recommend other ESL-related topics you'd like to see in my store.
- Visit my website at talkintownenglish.com.
- Be the best teacher you can be. I'll do the same.