Snap Circuits® Sound - Creating Music Using Graphic Scores
This resource has it all - cross-curricular through science & art, music composition, music history, and active listening. With this resource, students will be able to use the Snap Circuits® Sound kits in a musical way.
***This resource is perfect for a middle school or high school music teacher who is looking for a fun, and engaging way to incorporate STEAM into their curriculum.***
Students Will Be Able To Do Upon Completion of This Project:
• Build circuits with Snap Circuits Sound® kits by Elenco®
• Read and understand the flow of electricity using electronics schematics.
• Explore new musical instruments and timbres.
• Compose pieces of electronic music (musique concrete) with graphic scoring techniques.
• Perform music alone and/or with others on new musical instruments.
• Discover a new genre of music, and its pioneering composer.
Included in the purchase are two PowerPoint slides (1 for projection, and one printable for student work), as well as PDF files of the same materials.
Contents of the main PowerPoint slide:
- Cover Page
- Teacher Notes & Disclaimers
- Musique Concrète
- Edgard Varèse
- Poème Électronique (6 slides)
- Before You Start
- Introduction to Electricity/Sound In Our World (6 slides)
- Directions & Extra Items Needed
- Project 1 & 3: Build, Discover, Compose, Perform
- Project 5: Build, Discover, Compose, Ruin A Song
- Project 6: Build, Discover, Compose, Ruin A Song
- Project 7: Build, Discover, Compose
- Project 10: Build, Discover, Compose, Sing A Song With Echo
- Final Project
Snap Circuits® is a registered trademark of Elenco Electronics, Inc. Copyrighted material, such as Snap Circuits® parts and images, are used and reprinted herein with permission of Elenco Electronics, Inc. 2018. All rights reserved.