Students will practice measuring with nonstandard units using these fun hands-on activities. Students will use snap cubes (building cubes, math cubes, linking cubes) to measure classroom objects.
Five activities included:
1. Measuring worksheets (2 pages)- Students will measure pictures of classroom objects using cubes.
2. Find and record classroom objects that are a certain number of cubes in length-2 pages . (Ex. Find an object that is 9 cubes long)
3. Choose and measure classroom objects. Students will choose different objects and record their measurements in cubes. 2 versions are included- one with estimating and one without.
4. Find and measure classroom objects. Students will find certain common classroom objects (ex. pencil, book, table) and measure with snap cubes. 2 versions are included- one with estimating and one without.
5. Measure and record length of different body parts using snap cubes (finger, hand, arm, foot, leg). 2 versions are included-one with estimating and one without.
Download the preview for a better look at what's included.
You might be interested in checking out some of my other math activities:
Time Flies! Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour
Snap Cube Pattern Cards
Dice and Domino Math Games