This 2nd edition of the SnapWords® Spelling Dictionary is packed with all the images, body motions and sentences for 637 SnapWords®, alphabetized for ease of use. This edition covers all of our SnapWords®, including Lists A-G, Numbers, Colors, Days, Months, Seasons, Nouns 1, Nouns 2, and Verbs.
The SnapWords® Spelling Dictionary is designed to be used as a reference or for review after students have been introduced to the sight words using the stylized SnapWords® cards.
Because the goal is that students move quickly from learning stylized words to reading the unadorned words found on the backs of the SnapWords® cards and in print, the SnapWords® Spelling Dictionary is not recommended for initial teaching of sight words.
Recommended uses for the SnapWords® Spelling Dictionary include:
- Placement in a writing center for spelling reference
- Inclusion in a classroom lending library for review at home
- Accommodation for special education students during testing
- Reference for teachers as they prepare and teach lessons
- Resource for older non-readers
- Resource for ELL
The SnapWords® Spelling Dictionary 2nd Edition has 132 pages, is 5.5" x 8.5" and contains 637 high-frequency words from Dolch, Fountas and Pinnell, Fry, and more.