PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Snare Drum Mastery 101 is an introductory snare drum course designed to teach a beginning drummer or marching band student all the basic concepts related to the snare drum.
The goals of the Snare Drum Mastery 101 course are the following:
- Provide intro level drummers with a in depth look at snare drum methods
- Develop the ability the sight read music for snare drum
- Familiarize the student with music theory, specifically related to drums
- Introduce and demonstrate the 40 essential drum rudiments
- Demonstrate how to apply the rudiments in various snare exercises
- Show how to effectively practice with a metronome for improved accuracy and timing
- Familiarize the student with the match grip and traditional grip
- Emphasize dexterity and right vs. left hand leading
- Provide practice tips and a way to begin drums with limited equipment
- Teach reading for snare drum that later can be applied to the entire drum set
- Produce highly educated and versatile musicians
- This resource includes Lessons 1&2 of a 15 lesson course.
This is a pdf download for percussion teachers and assumes familiarity with this subject. Additional resources, including video demonstrations are available at our host website for teachers needing additional assistance with teaching this course.