Build teamwork, problem solving skills, and critical thinking in your classroom through this engaging Christmas themed breakout activity! This activity incorporates reading, language arts & critical thinking skills to uncover the "Sneaky Elf Hidden Presents!"
In this engaging activity, students are given a letter from Buddy the Elf about a special treat the elf has hidden in their school! They then work through 6 different activities to find clues. Each clue is a different word. Once students find all of the word clues, they need to unscramble the words to find the final message. The final message will lead them to their final clue from the Elf that will lead them to their special treat!
This product includes 6 different activities. Each with: a manilla folder cover, student directions, and student recording sheet.
1. Manilla Envelopes (At least 6)
2. Stocking (A real stocking or the picture)
3. Presents/Gift Bag (with clue inside for the number of groups)
4. Wreath ( A real one or the picture)
5. Bag marked “Santa’s bag”
6. Christmas Tree ( Real or a picture)
7. Printed out materials included in this product
8. Desired “treat” from the elf.
9. Printed out materials included in this product.
10. QR Reader
1. ABC Order
2. Christmas Carol Cryptogram
3. Blacklight Puzzle
4. Christmas Carol Secret Message - problem solving activity
5. How to Catch an Elf Story message- Sequencing
6. Sneaky Elf - Decoding Activity
Head over to Blog Post to read about a similar activity in my classroom!