This pack is intended to be used after reading the book by Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright. This retelling pack is a favorite of my little ones! My retelling packs help work on sequencing/retelling skills while having a whole lot of fun!
Sneezy the Snowman Retelling Pack: What's Included:
• Vocabulary Cards: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart words or leave as a poster. Preview vocabulary from the story prior to reading and/or review vocabulary after reading the story. Place in writing center, pocket chart, or back with magnetic tape and use on magnetic board/cookie sheet.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. I added extra pictures to accommodate more student participation. Print off as many copies as needed. Print off two copies and play a memory type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• “What” Question Card: Simple questions for young learners to help with language development.
• Dress Sneezy Sequencing Activity: Students place pictures in order to dress Sneezy.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue pictures in order of the story.
• Sneezy the Snowman Essential Questions: Students can circle or color the correct answer.
• Sneezy the Snowman Emergent Reader: A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
Preschool Wonders to be notified when new products are posted!
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!