This packet is 45 pages of activities to meet all of your Daily 5 stations.
6 QR Codes linked to books related on snow. Each code has been filtered through a safe share site for better student viewing.
Read on my Own:
1. Snowman Easy Reader
2. Build a Snowman Roll and Read game!
Read with a Friend:
1. Partner Plays (two short plays with Check for Understanding reading cards are provided)
2. Phrase/Sight Word Gameboard and Spinners. (Students use seasonal erasers (not provided) to move the number number of spaces. Three varieties of spinners provided. They must read the phrase or word on the spot they land on.)
1.Draw and Write:Students draw a picture in the box and then write a sentence about snow or winter.
2.Spin a Story- Students spin the story spinner. They write a story about the picture they landed on.
3. Scene Writing- Students cut out a scene, glue to paper, and write!
4. Snow Globe Creation- Students draw a picture in the snow globe. Then they write about the scene in their snow globe.
5. Roll and Revise: Students roll sentence cube then rewrite the sentence on their recording sheet correcting the sentence mistakes.
6. Letter Writing: Write a letter to Frosty!
1.Snowy Rainbow Write: Students read each snow word. They write it once. Then they roll a dice and write it again in the color rolled.
2. Snow Day ABC:: Students cut the holiday words out and glue them in ABC order onto the recording sheet.
3. Flipping for New Words:Students cut out glue “I Can” tab to winter page. Cut on dotted lines to form flaps. Students explain the new words using pictures or words. (A blank page is provided for you to add your own words.)
4. Sand /Salt Words:Students use cards to write words in sand/salt trays (use pie plate or bin with sand or salt).
5. Write! Stamp! Students pick a winter card (from sand/salt tray words), write it, then stamp the word.
6.Making Words: Students cut out the letter tiles and use the letters of SNOWSTORM to make new words.
7. Secret Code Words: Students write the initial sound of each picture to decode three winter words.” (shovel, snowman, scarf)
Please note: The QR Codes are considered to be a "bonus" for buyers that would like to use them in their listening center. The printables in the pack can be used as a stand alone activity with the book(s) that you provide. All sales are final. Thank you!