Snow Interactive Notebook - Winter - Let's Discover Snow - Science & Discovery
I created this packet as a combination mini unit and interactive journal about discovering snow. Just in time for the first snow fall of the season! One of the main components is an album book. (see photo). The pages of the printable booklet spell out the world SNOW. Pages include different activities that the students can do before cutting out and assembling.
You might be familiar with the concept of album books from scrapbooking. They often come in chipboard, or heavy cardstock and spell out different words. The album book in my packet was designed and hand made by me including the pattern, and page elements.
To balance out this packet I have included some fun worksheets and writing pages which can be printed off and compiled into an interactive notebook.
(This packet is designed to supplement a winter-weather unit.)
Included in this packet:
1) Snow Journal Cover
2) Snow Album Book
3) Daily Snow Graph
4) Snowflake Report
5) Snowflake Facts
6) Snowflake Flip/Flap Sheet (2)
7) How to Build a Snow Fort Writing sheet
8) Describe It: Snowflakes
9) If I were a Snowball (Write it/Describe it)
10) Snow Observation Sheet
11) Pocket Chart - Does it snow where you live?
12) Does it snow where you live? Graph sheet
13) Pocket Chart - Have you ever made a snowman?
14) Have you ever made a snowman? Graph sheet
15) Pocket chart - Have you ever played in the snow?
16) Have you ever played in the snow? Graph sheet
17) Snow / Winter Word Wall
18) Snow/Rain Venn Diagram
19) Snow/Rain Venn Diagram Key
20) Snowflake Odd/Even Worksheet
21) Snowflake Patterning Cut/Paste Worksheet
© 2013 Danielle Westvang - Crayonbox Learning Original artwork and designs. This packet includes purchased images from Graphics from the Pond, KPM Doodles, Creative Clips.
A very special THANK YOU to Mel from Graphics from the Pond for creating the adorable snowflake people for me.
All rights reserved. License granted for individual classroom use only.
*NOTE* At the time this packet was published, there weren't any album books or interactive books spelling out or pertaining to snow.
Follow Crayonbox LearningCrayonbox Learning Blog
Crayonbox Learning on Facebook
Crayonbox Learning on Pinterest