Your students will have "snow" much fun with these math work stations in winter, perfect for your January centers!
1. Toboggan Teen Frames: Play-dough number mats to reinforce fine motor skills, number recognition and number sense with teen numbers!
2. Cocoa Count, Tally & Graph: How many marshmallows are in your cup? Students practice counting and data representation skills in this fun cocoa activity!
3. Snowball Scoop: In this activity students scoop snowballs and practice counting, fine motor skills and number writing all at once!
4. Snowboard Bump: Practice number recognition, simple addition and subtraction skills and have fun bumping your partner off the board!
5. Mitten Match: Played like traditional Memory, this game is perfect for practicing number recognition and is easily differentiated with numbers 1-100.
6. Sneaky Snowman: Students love hiding and finding the snowman in this fun pocket chart number recognition game, easily differentiated with numbers 1-100!
7. Flurry Flip Five: Practice simple addition and subtraction with this fun twist on the traditional matching game Memory!
8. Mitten Measurement: Students practice using standard and nonstandard measuring tools in this activity.
These activities are easy to differentiate to meet the needs of your class and are aligned to the common core. "I Can" charts are also included to support student independence. Download the preview to see even more examples! You can also check out these stations in action by visiting my blog.
Enjoy! Feedback is always much appreciated!
Fun in PreK-1 & Kinder