This activity has students compare two snow themed poems. While designed to work with the poems "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" (Robert Frost), "The Snow-storm" (Ralph Waldo Emerson) and/ or "It Sifts from Leaden Sieves" (Emily Dickson), the wording on the project pieces is generic enough to work with any selection of snow or winter poems!
Allow student choice or select what fits your classroom needs.
• Snow Poem Comparison: Venn Diagram-- use as prewriting or a quick stand alone comparison activity
• Snow Poem Comparison: Literary Element Comparison Table-- use as prewriting or a comparison of literary elements used in two snow related poems
• Snow Poem Prewriting worksheet-- Students begin selecting their arguments and evidence for creating either a comparison literary essay OR a multimedia project.
• Snow Poem Comparison Essay Student Instruction Sheet with Rubric-- includes requirements to focus on comparison (not retelling) with at least three comparison points, use of literary devices and terms in essay,
• Snow Poem Comparison Multimedia Project Student Instruction Sheet with Rubric-- with requirements to compare at least three points, include a thesis in their project, and use multimedia effectively.
• Multimedia Project Samples Slides (2)
This item is a single file PDF.
This item is included in theSnow Poetry Activity Bundle
along with other poems and a comparison essay/project.
Like this? Check These Out:
Song Lyric Literary Analysis
Movie vs. Books Comparison Activity
The Raven Tweets (Twitter) Poe