I love to teach about snow in the wintertime and the scientific reasons WHY we get snow. This pack will help you do just that, all while bringing in literature and fun!
Included in this download:
- Pre-Teaching activities: KWL, Have/Can/Are, describing snow with the senses
- Vocabulary cards and definitions
- Teaching Posters with Properties of Snow and the Snow Life Cycle
- Student Packets with cover, poetry and parts of speech activity to go with it, 2 comprehension passages with questions, and a world map for students to explore where in the world it snows.
- Activities to go with literature about snow. Included books:
- Geraldine's Big Snow by Holly Keller
- Ready to Read: Snow by Marion Dane Bauer
- Snow by Cynthia Rylant
- Snowflakes Fall by Patricia MacLachlan
- Two different art/craft activities
- Literacy center for compound words
- Writing pages to compare and contrast snow and rain
Visit my blog Teaching With Style for more ideas, lessons, freebies, and giveaways!