• 24 snowflake sorting cards
• 1 instruction card for student
• 4 sorting mats, 2 with definitions, 2 without
• 2 different kinds of recording sheets, 3 pages in all
How to Use:
• Print all four pages of snowflakes on cardstock. Laminate for durability, and then cut.
• Print instructions card on cardstock and laminate.
• Decide if students will be provided with the definitions of “adjective” and “adverb” on the sorting cards or not. Print, laminate and cut.
• Decide which recording sheet to use (double-sided or single-sided). Either make copies or put in dry erase pocket/laminate for use with dry-erase makers.
How I Use:
There are so many ways you can use this station!
First you can choose if you want the students to have the sorting cards with the definitions of adjectives and adverbs written, or if you want them to do it without that extra help.
Second, you can have students simply write the adverbs on the recording sheet and determine how it modifies the verb. Alternatively, you can make double-sided copies and have early finishers use the adverbs in a sentence.
This can also be used as a whole-group activity, small-group, or workstation, or all of the above!