Also included in
- Cynthia Rylant is a skilled descriptive writer. This Cynthia Rylant Author Study includes book units for *10* of her books PLUS an Author Study Lapbook for a reading AND writing focus. There are over 400 pages of materials for the books (1/2 PDF and 1/2 Google Slides). Titles included are The Rela$37.07$52.96Save $15.89
- This unit bundle features rich winter themed books and activities perfect for reading and writing workshop plus two winter partner plays and my winter poetry set. The books featured in this bundle include the following:Snow by Cynthia Rylant (digital included)Snowflakes Fall by Patricia MacLachlanO$28.00$41.00Save $13.00
Snow by Cynthia Rylant is another wonderfully descriptive book to kick off your winter season. Cynthia Rylant's rich description will help your students practice using text information to visualize and improve their writing with the help of the carefully selected words chosen.
HOW CAN TEACHERS USE SNOW BY CYNTHIA RYLANT IN THE CLASSROOM?
This EASY TO USE unit (in PDF and Digital Formats for Google Slides TM) is organized in a before, during, and after format. Teachers can use the book as a mentor text, in guided reading, for a book club, or for paired reading.
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THE SNOW BY CYNTHIA RYLANT UNIT?
- schema building about winter
- prereading vocabulary and word cards
- visualizing based on text information/assessment
- analyzing story elements
- snowflakes fall framed poem
- cause and effect task cards and answers
- story quiz
- making comparisons
- Snowy Night in the Country class book
The unit includes 34 pages (17 pdf and 17 digital). The preview file gives you a full glimpse of what's included, and if you love Cynthia Rylant's books, be sure to check out the author study available in my store which includes 10 of her books. It is the best value.
CYNTHIA RYLANT RESOURCES I HAVE AVAILABLE:
- Henry and Mudge Bundle
- In November
- When I was Young in the Mountain
- Silver Packages
- Christmas in the Country
- The Great Gracie Chase
- All in a Day
- All I See
WHAT TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID ABOUT THIS AUTHOR STUDY…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Rhonda. says, "Cynthia Rylant is one of my favorite authors! Your resource helps bring her wonderful writing into my classroom."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Andrea says, "Excellent materials, more than I will ever be able to use. All you want about Cynthia Rylant."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amy C. says, "This is one of my favorite books to use in place of holiday celebrations. The activities gave my students a fun way to dive deeper into the book. Thank you!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Erin O. says, "Our school had a "Snow Day" where we did activities centered around snow and all content areas. It was a great day!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Elizabeth B. says, "Great resource! Next year I will save it for after winter break is over. I was so excited to use it, I've already done it for the year."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ms D's Literacy Lab (TpT Seller) says, "Thank you so much ! I love her style of writing and will add this to my January plans ! So many different ideas, and activities !"
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.