The first articulation game is for preschool to early elementary age students. Each card features one picture of a stimulus item.
T, D, P, B, M, F, K, G S, S blends
24 cards in the initial/final (12 each) position of each sound.
240 cards total plus Extra Blank Snowballs
Game Version One:
1. Print all snowball cards. Print 3 copies of the special cards. Print a snowball pile for each student.
2. Use the snowball piles as student mats. Draw snowballs from the pile. Students say each snowball word. Students can keep the snowball if they say it correctly. The student with the most snowballs in their arsenal wins!
Game Version Two:
1. Print all snowballs. On the back of each snowball, write a number (1-3).
2. Give each student snowballs for their sound.
3. Play the game like war. Each student says their target word. Then flip the snowballs over to show a number. The student who has the higher number takes both cards for their pile.
I played this 'war' version with my kindergarten students. It ties nicely to the math concepts they are targeting in class with 'more/less'.
The target word list is included in case you can't determine all the pictures!
Visit SpeechRoomNews.blogspot.com for more information