This TIMELINE Activity is an engaging way for students to show what they have learned about the life of WILSON BENTLEY after reading by Jacqueline Briggs Martin. The timelines created will not only aid kiddos' comprehension, but will also inform others about the "Snowflake Man's" life and achievements.
❄To SAVE OVER 20% OFF this product, purchase the entire set of Snowflake Bentley Interactive Read Aloud Lessons here!❄
Each student and/or partnership will create a timeline that displays information about KEY EVENTS in Bentley’s life, matching ILLUSTRATIONS, and DATES (when known). They will also include a TITLE.
There are FOUR versions of the timeline project included, so you can easily differentiate the activity. Each version comes with the necessary INSTRUCTIONS and MATERIALS. Depending upon students’ abilities, they can…
- use complete sentences to describe key events in Bentley’s life, record them in separate boxes, and create their own matching illustrations.
- read boxes with pre-written sentences about key events in Bentley’s life, match them to the pre-drawn illustrations, and put them all in order.
- do a combination of both.
Snowflake Bentley Timeline Activity Includes...
- Objective Poster Written in Student-Friendly Language
- 3 Timeline Posters
- Teacher Instructions
- Timeline Example (Photos)
- 4 Versions of Student Instructions for Easy Differentiation!
- Timeline Boxes with Descriptions of 14 Key Events from Bentley's Life
- Timeline Boxes with Illustrations of 14 Key Events from Bentley's Life
- Blank Timeline Boxes for Students to Create their Own Descriptions &/or Illustrations
- Timeline Answer Key
Thank you for your interest in this Snowflake Bentley Timeline Activity! You might also be interested in...
Snowflake Bentley Pre-Reading Activities
Snowflake Bentley Vocabulary
Snowflake Bentley Interactive Read Aloud Lessons
Henry's Freedom Box Vocabulary
Miss Rumphius Vocabulary
Thank You, Mr. Falker Interactive Read Aloud Lessons
The Stranger Interactive Read Aloud Lessons