Snowflake Bentley Book Companion - Winter, ,Snowflakes & Snow Science Activities
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle of my eight WINTER MATH AND LANGUAGE ARTS PRODUCTS for grades 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grades. You will find everything you need to add enriching lessons for your students, Purchase this bundle and save 30% off the price if purchased separately!THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:Snowflake BentPrice $15.00Original Price $26.50Save $11.50
- This Biography Picture Book Bundle is a must-have resource to inspire and educate kids that anyone can leave an indelible mark on the world. Each of the four captivating biography picture book companions is jam-packed with activities that will keep your students engaged and wanting to learn more.InPrice $12.00Original Price $20.00Save $8.00
This Snowflake Bentley book companion is jam-packed with over 30 activities to accompany the book and learn about snow science. You will find everything you need in this unit to last the entire winter!
HOW CAN I USE THIS UNIT?
- with a whole class
- with small groups
- n a center, early finishers
- for independent study.
For younger students, I would recommend it as a read-aloud. No matter which grade level you teach, there are plenty of activities for you to choose from and allow you to differentiate according to your students' needs.
You will find activities to support the text, but also activities about snowflakes, the snow cycle, and snow science. There is enough for a month of activities, but each activity is independent, so you can pick and choose what works best for your students.
This Snowflake Bentley book companion unit is packed with resources! Be sure to check out the preview for a more comprehensive view of what is included.
- Bonus file with 4 nonfiction articles, a Birth of a Snowflake PowerPoint, directions for making paper snowflakes, and more goodies
- 30 Comprehension Question Cards
- Story Map
- Someone Wanted But So summarization activity
- Important Events
- 3 Interesting Things
- Fortunately, Unfortunately, summarization activity
- Just the Facts
- Walk in the Footsteps of Snowflake Bentley sequencing activity
- Theme Anchor Chart
- Understanding the Theme worksheet
- Character Traits Anchor Chart
- Character Analysis activity ( versions to differentiate)
- I've Got to Hand It To You Snowflake Bentley character analysis
- The Important Thing About Snowflake Bentley
- Compare and Contrast Snowflake Bentley to yourself with Venn Diagrams
- Snowflake Bentley Foldable with I Am Poem Inside
VOCABULARY ACTIVITIES, AND LANGUAGE ARTS SKILLS
- Vocabulary Cards
- Word Map
- Vocabulary Memory Game directions
- Making Sentences with Vocabulary Words
- Snowflake Bentley ABC’s
- Synonym and antonym game
- Syllables matching cards and game
- Parts of speech sorting activity
- Making OW words
- Analogies activity sheet
- What’s Going on In Your Head?
- Fact or Opinion? activity
- Cause and Effect activity
✏️ WRITING ACTIVITIES ✏️
- A poem in Two Voices – comparing Snowflake Bentley to John James Audubon
- I am Unique writing activity
- Persuasive Writing Activity
- My Gift to the World writing activity
- Book Review writing activity
- Interview the author activity
- Snowflake Bentley Acrostic Poem
- Snowflake Bentley Diamonte Poem
- The Life of Snowflake Bentley flipbook
❄️ WINTER SCIENCE & SNOWFLAKE ACTIVITIES ❄️
- Growing Borax crystal snowflakes science investigation
- Book about the life cycle of snowflakes in both color and b/w to save ink!
- The Life Cycle of a Snowflake activity sheet
- The Important Thing About Snowflakes activity
- Snowflake facts mini-book activity
- Classifying photographs of real snowflakes activity
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I absolutely love the fact that this is a unit that I can use for the whole month of January. I love the detailed pics of the different snowflakes. I have learned so much by doing this unit. Wonderful resource with so many wonderful hands-on activities. - Amy S.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I cannot say enough about this product! There are so many extensions to this cute book and my students thoroughly enjoyed it. I used this resource to teach the Somebody Wanted But So strategy and then we used this strategy throughout the rest of the school year. The snowflake science project was fun, too. - Anissa W.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students LOVED this unit! So in depth with a variety of activities. Fantastic product! - Carol H.
PLEASE NOTE: When you download this file, you will get a zip file containing three files:
- The Snowflake Bentley Unit
- Snowflake Bentley Digital Links and Instructions for Downloading
- Snowflake Bentley Bonus File
- The Life Cycle of a Snowflake PowerPoint
The digital versions of the files are stored on Google™ Drive and formatted as Google™ Slides. You will need a Google™ Classroom or Google™ Drive account to access these files. There is a PDF file included in the download with links to the three files. You will click on each link. A page will appear that allows you to make a copy of the file to your Google™ account.
❤️ More Winter Resources You’ll Love ❤️
- WINTER LOGIC PUZZLES FOR PRIMARY STUDENTS - DIGITAL AND PRINT
- I CAN WRITE A WINTER ADVENTURE - DIGITAL AND PRINT
- WINTER WOULD YOU RATHER? DIGITAL AND PRINT FREEBIE
© Susan Morrow This purchase is for single classroom use only. Sharing this resource with multiple teachers, an entire school, or an entire school system is strictly forbidden. Multiple licenses are available at a discount.
Remember to always … Keep 'em Thinking!