Snowflake Bentley is a wonderful Informational Text for ELA and Science! Use the 4 task cards for Fan-N-Pick or Team Showdown, students also identify W. Bentley's character traits with evidence from the text, along with writing their own informational text piece on Snowflake Bentley or any other related topic using the Text Feature template.
How I use 4 Task Cards in my classroom:
1. Provide each team (4-6 students) with a set of cards.
2. Each team member should be assigned a number (1-4).
3. #1 Fans the cards
4. #2 picks a card
5. #3 reads the card aloud to the team
6. EVERYONE writes their answer on a sheet of paper or student white board
7. #4 shares his/her answer first and then students continue to share their answers in order.
8. Rotate the deck of task cards to #2 and repeat the steps. Each student will have a different job this round.
9. Continue the steps until all cards have been answered.
I combine two of Kagan's Cooperative Learning Structures to ensure ALL students are actively engaged and participating in the team discussion.