PATCH is a guided, easy to use acronym for remembering the steps to close reading along with gradual release of responsibilities activities.
Developed for grade 1, 2, and 3 this packet is aligned with Common Core and the Next-Generation standards for the states of matter. This packet is meant to guide students through the close read process with an easy to remember acronym and gradual release of responsibilities text-dependent questions and activities.
This packet includes:
- States of Matter Close Read (500 Lexile)
- Text-dependent questions
- Hands-On Activity
- Interactive Notebook version of the above
- 6 Literacy Stations that incorporate the "What's the Matter?" Close Read
- Annotating Poster & Bookmarks
- Vocabulary Cards with interactive notebook pocket
Look for more PATCH Close Reads for 1st-3rd grade science!
Follow us to learn when more individual and bundled close reads are developed!
You might also like:
Sound Waves PATCH Close Read Packet
Presidents' Day PATCH Close Read Packet