Word cards are a great way to get literacy into every corner of your classroom! Here are some ways to use them:
• Put them in a pocket chart to create a thematic word wall.
• Put them in the writing center with thematic paper.
• Put them in the reading center with thematic books.
• Put them in the ABC center with magnetic letters for word building or letter matching.
• Print two sets of word cards to use as a matching game.
• Use them for phonological awareness activities such as identifying beginning sounds, generating rhyming words, clapping syllables, blending onset and rime, and identifying ending sounds.
You might also like my Snowman Letter Match!
To see more of my awesome resources for preschool, pre-k, and kinder, visit my TPT store here: Mrs. A's Room on TPT!
To get more of my tips, ideas, lessons, resources, etc., visit my blog at Mrs. A's Blog!
Join my email list to receive a FREEBIE!