Winter speech and language activities in a fun story companion. Target multiple goals with leveled activities for Wh and Yes-No question picture cards, matching, story sequencing and re-tell, categories, rhyme, syllables, articulation, inference, and prediction too!
There are plenty of frosty activities to cover your students for multiple sessions- making planning quick and easy!
Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner is an absolute favorite of my students. Who doesn't love to imagine what would happen if a snowman came to life? (The book of course is not included, and needs to be purchased separately).
- Phonological Awareness- rhyme, syllable counting, manipulation
- Answering Questions: Yes/No, What Doing, Who? What? Where? Why?
- Vocabulary: Definitions, Categories
- Story Comprehension: Answering detail questions, Inference, Prediction, Sequencing and Retell with 5 levels of support
- Articulation: S-Blends, /l/, /s/, /r/ and vocalic r
Low Color Printing options provided!
➤CONTENTS: 43 Useable Pages, 21 Learning Activities plus the adorable Build a Snowman Game. Open-ended motivational activity for any skill targeted.
9 Activities for Younger Students:
• 18 Yes/No Question cards
• 18 Wh? Question cards: Who, What, Why, Where?
• 18 What Doing? Question Cards
• 18 Category Sorting Cards with Mats-Winter Things/ Summer Things
• Word Wall Cards
• Snow Fun Matching Activity Sheet
• Story Sequencing and retell cards with story strips for 2 and 3 part sequencing and retell.
• 10 S-Blend Articulation Cards
10 Activities for Older Students:
• 6 Story Vocabulary Definition Cards
• 12 cards Naming Category Members
• 12 Prediction and Inference Cards
• If I was a Snowman at Night Sheet
• Story Map Sheet- Identifying Story Grammar elements
• Word Wall Cards
• 9 Story Sequencing cards with multiple level visual support mats
• 10 /l/ artic cards
• 10 /s/ artic cards
• 20 /r/ and vocalic r artic cards
2 Phonological Awareness Activities:
• How Many Syllables? Dot Marker Sheet
• 18 Do These Words Rhyme? Cards
❤️ If you like this product, you may enjoy these activities: Just click the green text to see more.
⭐⭐⭐ Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click Here to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Leave a Review button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺