This center game provides opportunities for students to practice their subtraction skills in a fun way. THis game was developed with the common core in mind, it meets standards 1.OA.1 &1.OA.6 subtraction fluency under Operations and algebraic thinking. Directions are as follows:
• Print or copy hot air balloons and spinner on card stock or other heavy duty paper. Laminate for durability.
• Cut out spinner and hot air balloons.
• Spinner assembly
o Get a brass brad and papers clip
o Attach paper clip to center of spinner with brad loose enough so that paper clip spins.
• Paste cloud pages on the inside of each side of a file folder.
• Paste the game label on the front of the file folder.
• Paste game directions on back of file folder.
• Laminate file folder.
• Copy answer key on card stock so students can self- check.
• Store hot air and spinner in baggie inside file folder.
o I staple a baggie to the back of the file folder for easy storage.
Pictures are included to aid in easy understanding of assembly.