This ESL lesson plan includes:
- a numbered 6-paragraph 342-word text that discusses the origins of soccer and the game as it is played today - written at a grade 5 reading level,
- a list of 15 vocabulary words (which are underlined in the text),
- a short list of “Fast Facts”,
- and worksheets with three comprehension exercises.
A second feature of the unit is a listening exercise which includes:
- a teacher’s guide,
- two copies of the approximately 200-word listening exercise text (one copy has the sentences numbered),
- three charts that relate to the listening exercise,
- a set of 6 Multiple Choice questions that may be done as a supplemental activity or as a quiz.
Answer Keys are included.
Note: This lesson plan was designed for ESL students and is written from a Canadian point of view.
Please see my store for other soccer lesson plans for ESL students!