This ESL resource includes:
- a numbered 6-paragraph 434-word text that discusses the origins of soccer and the game as it is played today (written at a grade 7 reading level).
- a list of 16 vocabulary words (which are underlined in the text),
- a short list of “Fast Facts”,
- and worksheets with two comprehension activities.
A second feature of the unit is a listening exercise which includes:
- a teacher’s guide,
- two copies of the 219-word listening exercise text (one copy has the sentences numbered),
- three charts that relate to the listening exercise.
- 6 Multiple Choice questions that may be done as a supplemental activity or as a quiz.
Answer keys are included.
Note: This resource was designed with Canadian students in mind.
Please see my store for more soccer lesson plans for ESL students!