***I add FREE items often. Follow me to get them as soon as they are listed.
This is a center activity to make for children just beginning to blend initial sounds in CVC words. The activity uses only 3 families, -at, -an, and –ad, and 9 initial sounds - m, c, h, s, r, p, b, f and t.
This could also be used in a small group teaching situation, where each child has a set of the goal cards and soccer balls, and the teacher gives directions.
• Print, laminate and cut out as many “goal” cards and soccer balls as you need. Introduce only one family to start, if you prefer, and use only the initial sounds that the children have studied.
• Play the game first in a small group demonstration, to show how it works.
• Take a soccer ball, say the sound, and put it to the left side of one of the families. Blend the sounds, say the word.
• If a word is made and said, a “goal” is scored! Yay!!!
• The recording sheet is optional. If the child is able to write, each word can be written on the sheet in a list format, as it is made and said. Or an adult or older child can write it for them.
I would LOVE to have your feedback for this activity.
KidSparkz Teaching Resources