Also included in
- The mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for third, fourth, and fifth grade includes 8 units with 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS and activities that encourage older kids to build important social-emotional skills. Teach children the most important social and emotional lessons$87.00$120.00Save $33.00
- This Social Awareness SEL curriculum BUNDLE for Grades 3-5 includes the PRINTABLE VERSION & a DIGITAL VERSION. Use both perfectly-aligned resources together to teach older kids about social expectations and social cues, empathy, peer pressure, conflict resolution, and anti-bullying.Check out the$22.00$27.00Save $5.00
- This mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for 3-5 includes the PRINTABLE VERSIONS & DIGITAL VERSIONS of all 8 units. Each unit consists of 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with printable and digital, interactive activities that encourage older kids to build important$128.00$216.00Save $88.00
This social awareness SEL curriculum includes 5 detailed lessons filled with hands-on and mindful activities that teach older kids about social expectations and social cues, empathy, peer pressure, conflict resolution, and anti-bullying.
↑↑↑ See the PREVIEW for more details and pictures of what this awesome resource has to offer! ↑↑↑
♥♥The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for 3-5 is available for a SPECIAL DISCOUNT. You get an entire year’s worth of lessons (40 included) and activities to help older kids to develop emotional literacy, self-control, and social competence! ♥♥
Need digital and printable SEL lessons and activities?
♥♥The DIGITAL & PRINTABLE Social Emotional Learning Curriculum COMBO BUNDLE for grades 3-5 is available NOW at a HUGE discount (45% OFF buying the units separately)! Use both bundles together (DIGITAL & PRINTABLE) to offer a well-rounded SEL program in your classroom! ♥♥
What does this Social Awareness unit cover?
Through a variety of thought-provoking lessons, discussions, community building ideas, and tons of engaging activities…
Lesson 1: Social Expectations & Cues
★Kids will learn to understand what social expectations are and attempt to follow them. They will learn and understand what social cues are and how they are used to communicate messages differently.
Lesson 2: Empathy
★Kids will learn to understand what empathy is and why it is important. They will describe ways of being empathetic (looks, sounds, feels) and ways that are not. They will be encouraged to act in empathetic ways.
Lesson 3: Peer Pressure
★Kids will learn to understand what peer pressure is and share good and bad examples from their knowledge and experience. They will learn strategies of how to avoid and respond to negative peer pressure.
Lesson 4: Conflict Resolution
★Kids will learn to identify ways to solve conflict and demonstrate effort in solving them peacefully. They will describe conflicts they have encountered and what they learned.
Lesson 5: Anti-Bullying
★Kids will learn to understand what bullying is and what it is not. They will learn to describe and demonstrate ways to stand up to and stop bullying behavior. They will be encouraged to actively attempt to stop bullying when they encounter it.
Activities included in the Social Awareness unit:
- Discussion Starters cards
- Lesson Challenge Task Cards
- Anchor chart pieces & examples
- Reflection Journal
- Bulletin board ideas & materials
- Literature connections & writing activities
- Linked videos to support lessons
- Book connections & writing activities
- Card & board games
- Scenario task cards
- Tabbed booklet about conflict resolution
- Anti-bullying pledge forms and hand quotes
- Ice Breaker activities
- Student survey
- & more!
PLUS A BRAND NEW BONUS: Family Partnership Guide
Connect with and encourage families to take part in the social-emotional learning development of their child and the concepts you are teaching at school. Each unit includes a printable guide with a letter to families, strategies and activities they can try at home, and a book guide with video links.
WHY this is the ONE Social-Emotional Learning resource you need to teach kids about their emotions!
- Each lesson and follow-up activities can extend to cover your SEL time for a month! This is a flexible SEL curriculum that can be taught when teachers have time, while the recommendation is to teach a lesson once a week and extend it throughout the week with the follow-up activities.
- You will have what you need to facilitate meaningful discussions and impactful activities that build important social and emotional skills and grow your classroom community.
- You will save time as the planning is done for you.
- Since this is research-based and follows the CASEL framework for SEL, you know that you are covering the most important lessons kids need!
- It provides a TON of variety and includes activities that will engage students and help them build important emotional awareness skills.
- The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or end of the day lessons, for school counselors, classroom teachers, and in a homeschool setting.
♥♥Teach primary K-2? The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 is also available for a SPECIAL DISCOUNT. Get an entire year’s worth of lessons (40 included) and activities to help younger children to develop social-emotional skills TODAY! ♥♥
Looking for MORE great resources?
Check out the printable SEL units for 3-5:
Check out the *DIGITAL* SEL units for 3-5:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft