- This is a complete social emotional learning curriculum to support kids and young adults learn critical SEL skills for the entire year AND extra resources to meet all your SEL needs. It includes over 180 lessons and activities targeting social awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationsh$200.00$160.00Save $40.00
Use this Social Emotional Learning Journal to teach SEL skills throughout the whole year! Skills targeted include self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationships, and decision-making. Every day contains one prompt, so there are five prompts per week for a period of 35 weeks. This allows for 175 daily prompts for the entire year.
Note: This social emotional learning journal includes printable PDF versions and digital versions for google slides!
Why Teach Social Emotional Learning Skills
Social emotional learning skills help kids and young adults learn how to manage their emotions, develop stronger relationships, understand their own strengths and weaknesses, develop empathy for others, and learn to make positive choices. These skills are foundational for social and emotional well-being. With a greater emphasis on SEL skills in educational settings, this journal allows you to weave these skills into your daily instruction as part of a morning meeting, advisory, homeroom, or morning work activity.
How to Use
This Social Emotional Learning Journal is intended to be a simple but effective way to add social emotional learning skills into your daily curriculum and instruction. They include 175 unique prompts that encourage writing, discussion, and new social-emotional learning. These can be used with a whole class or a small group. Once copies are made, no prep work is required. Just assign the daily prompt, allow for partner discussion, and discuss as a whole group. It is also helpful to highlight each skill throughout the week to encourage greater understanding and generalization.
Table of Contents
• Educator Guide
• Student Covers
• Week 1: Strengths & Challenges
• Week 2: Building Confidence
• Week 3: Recognizing Feelings
• Week 4: Good Character
• Week 5: Growth Mindset
• Week 6: Positive Thinking Skills
• Week 7: Hopes for the Future
• Week 8: Planning Ahead
• Week 9: Organization
• Week 10: Self-Control
• Week 11: Managing Emotions
• Week 12: Coping Strategies
• Week 13: Perseverance
• Week 14: Resilience
• Week 15: Social Expectations
• Week 16: Understanding Social Cues
• Week 17: Respect
• Week 18: Perspective-Taking
• Week 19: Developing Empathy
• Week 20: Kindness & Compassion
• Week 21: Celebrating Diversity
• Week 22: Friendship Skills
• Week 23: Healthy Relationships
• Week 24: Effective Communication
• Week 25: Working with Others
• Week 26: Compromising
• Week 27: Dealing with Conflicts
• Week 28: Making Up For Mistakes
• Week 29: Responsibility
• Week 30: Core Values
• Week 31: Owning Your Choices
• Week 32: Problem-Solving
• Week 33: Ethical Decisions
• Week 34: Peer Pressure
• Week 35: Healthy Habits
I have added a numbered prompts version without days of the week for classes or groups that do not meet on a daily basis!
Note that both color and black/white options are included. A separate file with only the prompts is also included for your planning purposes.
I also have this available in a SPANISH only version!
This is a complete social emotional learning curriculum to support kids and young adults learn critical SEL skills for the entire year. It is filled with over 180 lessons and activities targeting social awareness, confidence, SMART goals, social skills, study skills, managing emotions, understanding relationships, decision-making skills, and much more.
Materials are for personal and classroom use (not commercial use). To clarify, educators may use materials with their students and/or caseload. Educators, parents, and support professionals may use materials for private tutoring/support with students/clients on a small scale basis. Materials may NOT be used within online paid courses, such as Outschool or Udemy. Please reach out to me with any specific questions on this.
Materials may not be posted freely on the Internet, such as a classroom website or blog. Materials may be shared directly with families and students through Google Classroom and any other password-protected means.
If you have questions or problems please contact me through Product Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Disclaimer: These resources and materials are for supplementary support/education purposes and not intended as a replacement for education, counseling, or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, counselors, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -