Social Emotional Learning Journal SEL Skills Activities Workbook for the Year
Also included in
- This is a complete social emotional learning curriculum to support kids and young adults learn SEL skills for the entire year AND extra resources to meet all your SEL needs. Lessons and activities include research-based best practices to teach SEL! It includes over 180 lessons and activities targetiPrice $160.00Original Price $200.00Save $40.00
Use this Social Emotional Learning Journal to teach SEL skills throughout the whole year! Skills targeted include self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationships, and decision-making. Prompts include research-based best practices to teach SEL! Every day contains one prompt, so there are five prompts per week for a period of 35 weeks. This allows for 175 daily prompts for the entire year.
Digital AND Print
This social emotional learning journal includes printable PDF versions and digital versions for google slides! That means you can choose which is better for your students at any given time. You always have access to both! To access the digital version, just open the PDF with "digital directions" in the title. Links are added. Just open them and you will create your own copy of the SEL Journal!
Why Teach Social Emotional Learning Skills
Social emotional learning skills help kids and young adults learn how to manage their emotions, develop stronger relationships, understand their own strengths and weaknesses, develop empathy for others, and learn to make positive choices. These skills are foundational for social and emotional well-being. With a greater emphasis on SEL skills in educational settings, this journal allows you to weave these skills into your daily instruction as part of a morning meeting, advisory, homeroom, or morning work activity.
How to Use
This Social Emotional Learning Journal is intended to be a simple but effective way to add social emotional learning skills into your daily curriculum and instruction. They include 175 unique prompts that encourage writing, discussion, and new social-emotional learning. These can be used with a whole class or a small group. Once copies are made, no prep work is required. Just assign the daily prompt, allow for partner discussion, and discuss as a whole group. It is also helpful to highlight each skill throughout the week to encourage greater understanding and generalization.
Table of Contents
• Educator Guide
• Student Covers
• Week 1: Strengths & Challenges
• Week 2: Building Confidence
• Week 3: Recognizing Feelings
• Week 4: Good Character
• Week 5: Growth Mindset
• Week 6: Positive Thinking Skills
• Week 7: Hopes for the Future
• Week 8: Planning Ahead
• Week 9: Organization
• Week 10: Self-Control
• Week 11: Managing Emotions
• Week 12: Coping Strategies
• Week 13: Perseverance
• Week 14: Resilience
• Week 15: Social Expectations
• Week 16: Understanding Social Cues
• Week 17: Respect
• Week 18: Perspective-Taking
• Week 19: Developing Empathy
• Week 20: Kindness & Compassion
• Week 21: Celebrating Diversity
• Week 22: Friendship Skills
• Week 23: Healthy Relationships
• Week 24: Effective Communication
• Week 25: Working with Others
• Week 26: Compromising
• Week 27: Dealing with Conflicts
• Week 28: Making Up For Mistakes
• Week 29: Responsibility
• Week 30: Core Values
• Week 31: Owning Your Choices
• Week 32: Problem-Solving
• Week 33: Ethical Decisions
• Week 34: Peer Pressure
• Week 35: Healthy Habits
Choose Between Day of Week or Numbered Prompts
I have added a numbered prompts version without days of the week for classes or groups that do not meet on a daily basis!
Color and Black/White
Note that both color and black/white options are included. A separate file with only the prompts is also included for your planning purposes.
This is a complete social emotional learning curriculum to support kids and young adults learn critical SEL skills for the entire year. It is filled with over 180 lessons and activities targeting social awareness, confidence, SMART goals, social skills, study skills, managing emotions, understanding relationships, decision-making skills, and much more.
Tips for Customers:
- If you have questions, please contact me through Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
- Please consider leaving feedback on this resource to receive TpT credits! I always strive for 5 stars and love hearing your feedback.
Disclaimer: These resources are for supplementary support/education purposes and are not a replacement for education or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.