This Social-Emotional Learning Children's Book Companion Bundle includes 40 book companions on popular children’s books that relate to emotions, self-regulation, growth mindset, respect and manners, friendship, self-esteem and self-love, kindness, and empathy.
⭐Get ready to revolutionize your read aloud time with the mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Book Companion Bundle! Book companions provide lessons that dig deep into popular children's books on important social and emotional topics.
⭐No more wasting your precious teacher planning time looking for the RIGHT books to teach important topics. This bundle has curated lists of mentor texts ready for you to grab and go! Kids will love the follow-up activities that are included for each book!
⭐Turn your read aloud time into meaningful, structured opportunities to support your students and help them develop the most important skills they need in life (the social-emotional ones)!
⭐Children will participate in classroom discussions and book chats, share their feelings in written form, and participate in fun, engaging activities that build emotional awareness and social skills.
♥ 8 Individual differentiated and digital resources are included in this Bundle.
♥ Each resource covers 5 popular children's books, for a total of 40 books.
**Check out the PREVIEW for a thorough look into what this Bundle includes!**
Included in each jam-packed Social-Emotional Learning Book Companion Pack:
- Lessons and activities that focus on 5 Children’s books related to social and emotional concepts
- Each book companion comes with a detailed lesson plan, book chat cards to guide a discussion, anchor chart, and book response (writing or collage)
- 4 follow-up activities included for every book (many in digital format)
- Book companion guide with safe links for easy viewing
- Google Slides ready for use in Google Classroom
- Images for use in Seesaw
- Interactive PowerPoint file of the digital templates for use in your preferred platform
There is a detailed lesson plan for each book with “Book Chat” cards and questions to guide your discussion before, during, and after reading. An interactive anchor chart and writing activity are included that focus on the social-emotional skill presented in the book and encourage children to express their thinking. This is an excellent way to incorporate social-emotional learning into your ELA block each week!
Each book comes with 4 follow-up activities to build upon the book’s social-emotional lesson. A fun variety of activities are included for independent, partner, and small group use. These high-interest activities are a great way to extend the book’s discussion and build the social-emotional skills kids need!
Book companions come with a digital anchor chart or interactive poster slides, writing template, and additional digital activities. These are ready in Google Slides™ for use in Google Classroom™. You will be provided with instructions on how to access and a link to create a copy. The digital pages are great for use during remote teaching, distance learning, and in a one-to-one classroom!
Why You Need This Book Companion BUNDLE:
♥ The children’s books in each book companion resource have been carefully chosen as they cover the most important topics that we often do not have time to teach (SEL ones).
♥ They provide an opportunity to have meaningful discussions and use impactful activities that build important social and emotional skills a child needs. Children need to build their social and emotional skills and these books, lessons, and activities will guide them there!
♥ Since you are using literature to teach, you are covering important English Language Arts standards and building children’s literacy skills.
♥ This bundle provides a TON of variety for each book, keeping things fresh and engaging for kids! You will have enough books and mentor lessons to last the entire school year.
♥ As it includes printable and digital activities, this resource is great for use online, in a homeschool setting, and in one-to-one classrooms.
⭐This is a GROWING BUNDLE, which means that you have the opportunity to buy-in at a special price. Once you buy into a Growing Bundle, you receive ALL the remaining resources listed below for FREE! You can redownload once a new resource has been added to the bundle at no additional cost.⭐
1. My Magic Breath by Nick Ortner
2. Listening to My Body by Gabi Garcia
3. The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld
4. I Am Yoga by Susan Verde
5. Charlotte and the Quiet Place by Deborah Sosin
1. The Color Monster by Anna Llenas
2. In My Heart by Jo Witek
3. The Feelings Book by Todd Parr
4. Glad Monster, Sad Monster by Ed Emberley & Anne Miranda
5. F is for Feelings by Goldie Millar & Lisa A. Berger
1. Bubble Gum Brain by Julia Cook
2. The Magical Yet by Angela DiTerlizzi
3. The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes by Pett & Rubinstein
4. The Dot by Peter Reynolds
5. The Bad Seed by Jory John
Book titles and resource COMING OCTOBER, 2021
Book titles and resource COMING NOVEMBER, 2021
Book titles and resource COMING JANUARY, 2022
Book titles and resource COMING FEBRUARY, 2022
Book titles and resource COMING MARCH, 2022
Don’t own a copy of a book? No problem! Safe links to video recordings of books being read aloud are included, as well as a book list of more books to use during your lessons.
Suggestions on How to Use:
- Each lesson starts with a book chat that continues during and after reading a book. There are questions included to guide your discussion.
- There is an anchor chart idea provided to enhance the book’s lesson.
- A follow-up writing activity can be used to extend the discussion.
- There are 4 activities for each children’s book. Some include digital options.
- I suggest reading 1 book per week and doing the lesson. Use the extra activities to reinforce the topic covered in the story throughout the week.
- Differentiated templates included. Please choose what fits best with your students’ abilities and needs.
- The lessons and activities work great for after morning meetings or end of the day lessons, school counselors and classroom teachers, and children in K-2.
Looking for more Social-Emotional Learning lessons and activities? Check out the curriculum that is needed in ALL classrooms -> The BEST-SELLING mind+heart curriculum available for K-2 and grades 3-5. This curriculum would make the perfect addition to your SEL instruction with the book companions included in this bundle!
Related SEL Products that work great with this resource!
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our FREE Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft