Ready Students for Learning With the Social Emotional Learning (SEL): Mindful Breath Card Deck.
Create a lesson plan in seconds! Have an SEL station in your classroom where kids can pull a card to help them transition or notice what is happening. When there is classroom chaos, immediately change the game!
Use our professionally designed mindful card deck, which includes 10 cards and lessons. When you purchase this card deck, it is ready to easily print and use. These are amazingly effective SEL instructional materials. Create the classroom environment of your dreams by working in just minutes of SEL every single day. In this download, you will receive ten cards, all professionally designed, full color printables for your use. The graphics are all original art, and the characters are unique to the MBAwareness Educational Program. This card deck is great for Pre-K through 6th grade!
These cards are one of my favorite classroom SEL lessons! Using these techniques benefits everyone of every age.
What commonly used social-emotional learning skills are included?
- Ninja Breath - Do you know what a ninja is? A ninja is very, very quiet and can sneak up without being noticed and disappear the same way. They are often dressed in black with a black mask. Children love to pretend they are quiet like ninja.
- Hot Chocolate Breath - The warmth and sweetness of hot chocolate can be used as a tool for calm breathing.
- Butterfly Breath - The lightness, color and delight one feels upon seeing a butterfly can become a positive focus to CALM THE MIND or PROCESS BIG EMOTIONS. Make sure there is enough room beside you to raise your arms.
- Hug Breath - Sometimes we need a hug, but nobody’s around. Did you know that you can give yourself a hug anytime you need or want one? Give yourself a hug to care for yourself. It’s really cool to notice the sensations of the hug, too.
- Flower Breath - Close your eyes and imagine you have a beautiful flower in your hand. It can be any kind of flower you want and any color. Making personal choices and focusing on positive things ALLOWS CHILDREN TO FOCUS and MAKE POSITIVE CHOICES!
- Puppy Breath - Woof! Most puppies have a calming effect and bring joy to others.
- Dragon Breath - Children imagine what it would be like to be a dragon.
- Shark Breath - Children love putting their hand to their head to pretend they are a shark. This will help you CALM your students as you return from recess or during times of transition in the classroom.
- Gratitude Breath - Teaching your students the skills related to gratitude and generosity will REDUCE AGGRESSION and IMPROVE SELF-ESTEEM!
- Superhero Breath -Children close their eyes and let their bodies be still and quiet. They imagine their favorite superhero. It might be Spiderman, or Spiderwoman. Maybe it’s Superman, Wonder Woman, or Batman. Or maybe it’s a superhero that you make up all on your own. You are wearing a very cool superhero outfit, standing tall and strong, with your hands on your hips.
Teach and promote a kind classroom with these beautiful and effective SEL instructional materials created by passionate educators who understand the importance of connection and kindness in the classroom.
We want to support you in creating a mindful classroom and meaningful student relationships. Setting aside just minutes a day for social emotional learning can have a big impact on student outcomes and teacher sanity.
We have created a number of teacher-favorite mindful SEL tools so please check out and click follow as we add more materials.
Be sure to visit our blog at where we write about the positive impact of mindful teaching and education, and living a life of intention and purpose at every age.
Follow us on and!
As with all items in our store, this item is copyrighted by the MBAwareness Program at Mind Body Align, LLC. Purchase of this item entitles you to use this product in your own classroom with your students only. Copying for other professionals, sharing the file directly on the internet, and sharing or re-selling of this item is strictly prohibited. Please direct other interested parties back to the original source or purchase a multi-user license. Thank you for helping to maintain the integrity and well-being of TPT and its hard working teacher-authors.