If you are doing a social issues unit in reading, then this product is for you! It includes:
1) A literature log for students to complete as they participate in book clubs. This literature log includes a title page, a reading plan page, an introduction page, and then five different response questions students will answer relating to their book club book (the questions are generic enough that they will work with any book you choose).
2) Two pages about close reading for you to use as minilessons. This touches upon first impressions of books, vocabulary and diction, discerning patterns, point of view and characterization, and symbolism.
3) An overview of the unit, which includes an essential question, anchor texts, goals, and common core standards addressed.
4) Nine detailed minilessons - you will spread many of these lessons out over the course of two to three days
5) A final project and rubric
6) Articles you can use to model the final project
7) Social issue book lists which are organized by theme and reading level
8) A list of social issue read alouds and chapter books
Please like my store if you liked this product : )