Also included in
- Are you teaching the novel Internment by Samira Ahmed? Looking for an engaging and relevant book to hook those reluctant readers? Internment is a perfect contemporary novel to teach and this bundle makes it easy and affordable!This WHOLE UNIT BUNDLE includes all of my Internment resources:An anticip$27.16$33.95Save $6.79
Are you looking for an authentic way for students to engage in social justice? Do you need a research project that won't take forever? This Social Justice Leaflet Mini-Research Project is designed to accomplish both of these objectives.
While it is designed to match my other resources for Samira Ahmed's Internment, it is written to be used with any social justice literature or history unit.
During this mini-research project, students will first learn about the group "The White Rose." The White Rose was a group of young people who used their words to fight the Nazi party. Together, they wrote and distributed leaflets to encourage the German people to resist Nazi leadership. Students will use this group as inspiration as they research and write a leaflet about a contemporary social injustice.
This resource is in the form of a Google Drive folder. You will need access to a Google account to use it. Included are the following:
- an EDITABLE project assignment sheet
- an EDITABLE project rubric
- an EDITABLE teacher's guide with suggested timelines and helpful links
- NON-EDITABLE worksheets for students (you can see all six pages of these non-editable worksheets in the preview)
Need more Internment resources? Check out my other resources:
- FREE Anticipation Guide for Internment
- Internment Introductory Lesson
- Internment Reading Questions
- Internment Quizzes
- Internment Reading Journal and Workbook
OR, you can buy the whole Internment Unit Bundle at a discount!