Social Justice Project. Perfect for distance learning!
Need a research project, writing assignment or social justice unit that promotes student-led learning, social justice and activism, group collaboration, online research and writing?
This complete project packet outlines everything students need to self-navigate a 6 week research project. Perfect for the final unit of the year, step away from your typical mini-lesson and give students ownership over a self-guided research project.
ZIP FILE INCLUDES:
- Complete Student Project Packet
- Social Justice Project Introduction: Lesson Plan
- Social Justice Project Introduction: Student Handouts for Do Now, Video clip viewing and independent practice/mini project to learn about social justice
- Rubric to Grade Final Written Project
- PowerPoint slides
- Google Drive link (Google slides) for no prep Google Classroom activity!
- BONUS: Student Presentation Rubric
- BONUS: School Fundraiser Materials
No teacher materials necessary for the project packet as the packet is thorough, script-like and self-explanatory. Over the unit, students will work in groups to choose from a list of real-life Non-Profit organizations and then research and write a grant proposal to compete for an imaginary grant of $100,000.
Your students will love the social activism, independence and healthy sense of competition they feel as they hone their collaboration, research, writing and presentation skills.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THE CITED SOURCES, WEBSITES, ORGANIZATIONS, THUMBNAIL IMAGES OR ANY OTHER GROUPS; IT IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
WANT MORE PRINT & GO CULTURALLY RELEVANT RESOURCES?
NEED MORE NO PREP RESOURCES?