Also included in
- A social skills bundle for your elementary students that focuses on social language and pragmatics while saving you money! All products in the bundle contain social stories, fun activities AND editable components so you can individualize to the needs of your students!Here's information on the three$21.20$26.50Save $5.30
Are you looking for an engaging social story and social language activities for elementary students that work on interrupting AND has editable components? Interruption Combustion is 59 pages of activities designed to reduce interrupting behaviors in readers from K-5th grade. Use them with your students with autism, ADHD, aspergers, or your students who struggle with self-monitoring and improving their interrupting behaviors. You will receive the following pages and activities:
- Teaching Story: reviews when it's appropriate and not appropriate to interrupt others and how to politely do so, 9 pages, color.
- Same Teaching Story: 9 pages, black and white.
- Social Script; "Interruption Combustion," 2 pages, color
- Worksheet for interruption combustion, 1 page, black &white
- Emergency vs. non-emergency topic sort, Sorting Mat and 20 cards plus 1 page of editable cards to individualize,
- Social Script: Conversation Kudos, 2 pages, color,
- Worksheet for conversation kudos, 1 page, black and white.
- Answer keys for worksheets, 1 page, black and white
- Rubric for measuring interrupting behaviors, 1 page, black and white,
- Sample IEP goals for interrupting, 1 page, black and white,
- Role play social scenarios involving interrupting, 20 cards plus 1 page of editable cards,
- Visuals: polite ways to interrupt; 5 cards plus a page of editable cards.
- Talking tickets, to give out during practice conversations to increase awareness of other conversational behaviors, 12 cards, color. One page of editable "talking tickets" are also included.
You will need a zip file to open this product. If you want to be able to edit the cards, you will need power point to edit them.
These activities are designed to improve awareness of the impact of interrupting behaviors on listeners, both in small groups and in the classroom, to practice being the recipient of an interrupter and to practice and problem-solve how and when it's appropriate to interrupt.
Looking for digital social skills materials?
Looking for materials on interrupting for your older students? Check out:
Check out the detailed preview page that features screenshots of all pages! If you purchase it, be sure to leave feedback at my store and earn TPT credits towards purchases at any TPT store.