Also included in
- A social skills bundle for your elementary students that focuses on social language and pragmatics while saving you money! All products in the bundle contain social stories, fun activities AND editable components so you can individualize to the needs of your students!Here's information on the three$21.20$26.50Save $5.30
Looking for a seasonal and engaging on topic social language packet that has everything you will need to teach and practice topic maintenance skills and perspective taking in elementary kids AND has editable components? This best-selling product includes pictures of both light and dark-skinned children and the graphics and topics are engaging to school-aged children. These activities facilitate self-awareness and understanding of the impact that being off-topic has on the listener as well as improves a child's ability to self-monitor their topic maintenance skills. This 102-page packet (non-editable pdf and editable power point) is packed with the following:
- Social Story: "I can stay on topic." 10 pages, 1 page of instructions, color.
- Social Scenarios: social scenarios with thought and word bubbles for your students to discuss and interpret how being off-topic affects the listener. Two of the pages allow you to individualize to your student's specific needs.
- 1 page of topic transition statements to use as a teaching tool or as a visual aid when you practice conversations.
- 2 pages: A rubric for tracking progress in topic maintenance skills and a page of sample IEP or therapy goals for topic maintenance.
- "Stay, Don't Stray" game board for learning about and practicing on-topic statements with 32 cards and 1 editable template of cards for you to use to individualize to your needs.
- 48 pages of Tally Sheets with colorful and engaging pictures (1 per page) for practicing on-topic conversations by talking about theme-specific (fall, winter, spring, summer, daily routines, community helpers, kid's favorites and social scenes) pictures. Your students will learn to understand what it means to stay on topic when they practice with pictures. Also includes one black and white page to individualize. Suitable for readers and non-readers.
- 4 pages of open-ended conversation tally sheets for readers (all black and white) and one black and white homework sheet.
If you have enjoyed my other packets for working on social and conversational skills, you will love this packet! Check out the preview pages with screenshots of all the pages in the packet. You will need a zip extractor to open this file. I use zip extractor from Chrome (free). If you wish to edit the 6 pages of editable templates, you will need Power point to edit.
Looking for no print digital social skills materials?
Looking for products to work on conversational skills with middle and high school students? You might like:
Don't forget! If you purchase this packet, leave feedback at my store and receive credits to redeem towards purchases at any TPT store.
ALL OF MY NEW PRODUCTS ARE HALF OFF FOR 48 HOURS FOLLOWING NEW RELEASE. CLICK ON THE GREEN FOLLOW BUTTON TO BE NOTIFIED OF NEW PRODUCTS AND FREEBIES!
FOLLOW ON Instagram!
FOLLOW ON Facebook!