Jumpstart the school year with the resources you need to establish positive routines and procedures in your classroom! The Social Learning Starter Pack is specially designed to support classroom teachers. These classroom management lessons and resources are perfect for new and seasoned teachers alike. This resource includes 11 pages of clearly written lesson plans as well as 31 pages of fun and engaging visual supports and activities.
Partially inspired by Michelle Garcia Winner's Social Thinking Curriculum teaches students about “expected behaviors,” "whole body listening skills"
Bonus: Access to Boardmaker Software is NOT required for this product!!!
Lesson Plans (11 pages)
• Using Visual Supports to Teach Routines
• Routine and Procedures Descriptions
• Teaching Waiting Strategies
• Using the Independent Work Time- Task Cards
• Teaching Expected Groups Behaviors
• Teaching Whole Body Listening
• Using Voice-o-meter and Activity
Activities/Visuals (31 pages)
• Visual Supports- Routines and Procedures (8 pages)
• Waiting Strategies Poster (1 page)
• Independent Word Time-Task Cards (10 pages)
• Expected Group Behaviors Scale (1 page)
• Expected Group Behaviors Activity PK-2 + Expansion Pack (6 pages)
• Whole Body Listening Posters (2 pages)
• Voice-o-meter (1 page)
• Voice-o-meter Activity Pages (2 pages)
Check out my shop for more information and resources
The idea of using a 5-point scale to teach social information, emotional regulation and self-management was first introduced in the book The Incredible 5-Point Scale (2003; 2012) written by Kari Dunn Buron and Mitzi Curtis and published by Autism Asperger Publishing. Links to these sources include www.5pointscale.com and www.aapcpublishing.net.