Teachers and allied professionals can kick off the 2018-19 school year with this exciting interview form (which, by the way, includes all of the questions you will need to answer for a "vocational interview" that supplements IEP's of middle schoolers... just saying!).
With lots of visuals, sentence frames, and colloquial language, this form is accessible to younger students and students with special needs. Have your students complete it independently, in pairs, with the guidance of a small group, or as part of a classroom-wide activity. (I, personally, like to use it for ice-breaking games and mini-lessons on language and learning that span the first few weeks of speech-language therapy sessions!)
The form addresses:
- Basic Personal Information (including language background)
- Self-Assessed Strengths/Weaknesses
- Learning Style Inventpry with Choice Bank
- Personal Long and Short-Term School and Career Goals
- Parent/Guardian Phone # Section for Accountability ;)
- Home Responsibility/Chores
Motivational "hashtags" at the bottom will hopefully get the year off to a great start!!!
I put a lot of time and energy into this form and have tested it over the past 4 years in my middle school --- the students LOVE it. I hope you do, too!