Also included in
- 12 of my best selling projects/units all in an organized money saving bundle! These engaging, student/teacher approved math projects that provide rigor, relevance, and cross-curricular content altogether. Check out the preview to see the alignment to the Common Core Standards! I have each of the$45.00$69.00Save $24.00
- 12 of my best selling projects/units all in an organized money saving bundle! These engaging, student/teacher approved math projects that provide rigor, relevance, and cross-curricular content altogether. Check out the preview to see the alignment to the Common Core Standards! I have each of the$45.00$61.00Save $16.00
- The project is the core of what I have built my classroom around. Scaffolding learners to real world projects. This bundle includes the 105+ math projects I have written. This is over 2,700 pages of content.21st Century Math Projects each scaffold through an authentic context and math skill building$395.00$553.00Save $158.00
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Globalization in a 21st Century Math Project? That's what you have here. Patterns, algebra and functions get a facelift to the 21st century in this integrated international math project. Through mathematical modeling and regression, students are able to use authentic, relevant real world data to consider real world implications. This project would fit well in an Algebra 1 class (with a little guidance) or an Algebra II class.
In this project, you will receive three separate assignments.
1. "Facebook Friend Challenge" -- which focuses on finding patterns, comparing rates of change and projecting into the future.
2. "Kony 2012" -- this focuses on the mathematics behind a viral video. Providing a little background on the Kony 2012 video can give your math classroom an international, multi-disciplinary flair. In this assignment students with analyze a pattern, consider the rates of change, plot the function and make predictions about the future.
3. "Did Egypt Tweet Its Way to Freedom" -- focuses on a data analysis of Twitter tweets surrounding the Egyptian Revolution inside the 2011 world shaping Arab Spring. Students will analyze patterns, rates of change and consider the inquiry question. "Did Twitter play a role in the liberation of Egypt during the Arab Spring?" In this assignment students will compare mathematical rates of change with real world rates of change in international conflict.
Students will produce a timeline project that provides their stance on the inquiry question and uses mathematical evidence as support.
In this 22 page PDF, you will receive these three assignments as well as an answer key.
You may be interested in the following discounted bundles. SAVE $$$!
Need an Entire Curriculum?
For more tips, tricks and ideas check out the Clark Creative Education Blog
And join our community where I post ideas, anecdotes, elaborations & every once in a while I pass out TPT gift cards! And jokes! I do jokes too!