Are you looking for a way to make your classroom more fun, engaging, and realistic with the times? Look no further! I created all you would ever need to create A SOCIAL MEDIA THEMED CLASSROOM. Common Core is all about making students’ college and career ready to participate in a diverse and digital world so why not bring the digital world into the classroom. I formulated a way for you to bring Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Words with Friends, and Apple right into your classroom instruction, décor, bulletin boards, and interactive bulletin boards.
Included in this packet are the following:
1) Facebook: You can use Facebook where you can display an important scientist or social studies figures Facebook. Each status can be about an important event or part of history in that person’s life. Or you can use Facebook where students write on a sentence strip their “status” of what the favorite thing they learned that week.
Included in the Facebook Section is the following:
Facebook Heading, All You Need to create a Mock-Facebook-Wall, Get Ready to Like this Grade Signs (K-12), Posters, Like Symbols,
2) Twitter: You can use Twitter where each student posts what their favorite thing they learned in school that week was. Also, you can create a “Whats Trending” section where you include important vocabulary, facts, or pictures from the week.
Included in the Twitter Section is the following:
Twitter Heading, All You Need to create a Mock-Twitter-Wall, Posters, Twitter Birds, Cut-Outs for large hash-tags, Cut-Outs for small hash-tags, Cut-Outs for large @ symbols, Cut-Outs for small @ symbols
3) Instagram: You can utilize Instagram in a variety of ways. You can post pictures of the class throughout the year. You can create a timeline for an important historical event you are learning about. You can post pictures from a historical character or scientist’s perspective and display illustrations of important science and social studies concepts. You can have students draw pictures of vocabulary words paired with their definitions for a visual word wall. The possibilities are endless.
Included in the Instagram Section are:
Instagram Heading, Instagram Poster, All You Need to create a Mock-Instagram-Wall, and posters
4) Words with Friends or Work with Friends: You can utilize this in the following ways. Words with Friends is a heading for the academic vocabulary you have placed on your word wall. Work with Friends is a heading for displaying student work.
Included in the Words with Friends or Work With Friends Section are:
Heading or Poster for Words with Friends and Work With Friends, Alphabet Cards for each letter of the alphabet, etc.
5) I Read: You can utilize this to encourage students to read. Post a picture of each student in a i-pod or i-phone illustration that is provided.
Included in the iRead Section is:
iRead poster display, Big i-pod pictures, Little i-pod pictures, etc.
6) I Learn: You can utilize this to encourage students to learn. You can post this on your classroom door to set the mood for the Social Media Theme or on a bulletin board. Post a picture of each student in a i-pod or i-phone illustration that is provided.
Included in the iLearn Section is:
iLearn poster display, Big i-pod pictures, Little i-pod pictures, etc.
There is over 100 pages of Social Media excitement and everything you need to create a Social Media themed classroom. Enjoy!