Social Skills 101: Making Friends
Put your students in the self-control driver’s seat, eliminate behavioral problems before they occur, and teach and model emotional regulation with this Social Skills 101 Training Series.
• Addresses an important social skill.
• Contains program hints and tips.
• Contains a suggested weekly schedule for implementation.
• Contains a 4-step illustrated instruction chart targeted especially for the prek-1st grader.
• Contains a Call-Response chant to help students remember the steps necessary for mastery of each skill.
• Contains a Readers Theater script focusing on a situation where the skill is needed. The Readers Theater script can also double as a puppet play script for teacher implementation with younger students.
• Contains a sequencing activity for further reinforcement of skill mastery.
This series is designed to have teachers introduce one social skill a week using the chart, chant, Readers Theater, and sequencing activities as reinforcement. At the end of each week, the chart is moved to a permanent location in the classroom to be used as reference throughout the year.
Why spend crucial classroom time correcting behavioral issues when teaching and coaching prosocial skills can be a fun and engaging part of your daily instruction?
This packet will help you start the school year on a positive note as you coach students in the fine art of making friends and including others in their social circles.