Social Skills 101: Nice Talk
Put your students in the self-control driver’s seat, eliminate behavioral problems before they occur, and teach and model emotional regulation with this Social Skills 101 Training Series.
• Addresses an important social skill.
• Contains program hints and tips.
• Contains a suggested weekly schedule for implementation.
• Contains a 4-step illustrated instruction chart targeted especially for the prek-1st grader.
• Contains a Call-Response chant to help students remember the steps necessary for mastery of each skill.
• Contains a Readers Theater script focusing on a situation where the skill is needed. The Readers Theater script can also double as a puppet play script for teacher implementation with younger students.
• Contains a sequencing activity for further reinforcement of skill mastery.
This series is designed to have teachers introduce one social skill a week using the chart, chant, Readers Theater, and sequencing activities as reinforcement. At the end of each week, the chart is moved to a permanent location in the classroom to be used as reference throughout the year.
Why spend crucial classroom time correcting behavioral issues when teaching and coaching prosocial skills can be a fun and engaging part of your daily instruction?
This packet will help you start the school year on a positive note as you coach students in the fine art of using nice words when speaking to others. This packet will help students understand the importance of speaking to others with respect and kindness.