Build vocabulary for emotions with a fall theme! Play the printable board games
with any of the card sets or use them as open ended games!
The lotto game
comes in word and picture versions. Match the apple faces or word cards to the tree emotion faces while playing memory or go fish. Apply the emotion vocabulary with the fall/ back to school emotion scenarios.
Use the strategy cards
to talk about different sizes of feelings and what you can think to help solve the problem. So many combinations in a set that can be used all fall!
* grayscale set for photocopying
* 11 word cards for emotions (happy, sad, worried, content, shy, shocked, afraid, confused, proud, excited, angry)
* 11 tree face cards showing these emotions
* 11 apple faces showing these emotions
* Use the tree and apple cards to make a file folder matching activity!
* 6 lotto game boards with words
* 6 lotto game boards with tree emotion faces
* 6 lotto game boards with apple emotion faces
* These boards can also be used as matching cards- mix and match them
* Printable game board, game cards and spinner- play with a winner or as an everyone wins game!
* 11 open ended emotion game boards
* Question list to guide discussion
* 11 tree emotion pages for coloring and writing a sentence- great for HW and bulletin boards!
* 20 fall scenarios to elicit the emotion vocabulary
* 6 emotion strategy cards for discussion of degrees of emotions and thinking statements for coping skills
* An emotion word mini poster to use as a word bank
Activity 1: Using the tree and apple task cards, play matching, memory and go fish games to make pairs.
Activity 2: Make a file folder activity by laminating selected tree task cards onto a file folder and having the students match the apple task cards.
Activity 3: Using the word/tree/apple lotto boards, play by giving an example of when you felt this way and match a different set of the small picture cards to your lotto board.
Activity 4: Use the open ended large tree game boards to play an open ended game and practice specific emotions. Students can respond to varied emotion and thinking questions (list is provided) and try to be the first player to get 5 matching apples on their tree.
Activity 5: Color the tree and give an example of when you feel this way. Great for HW and bulletin boards!
Activity 6: Use any of the card sets to play the printable board game. There are options for a collaborative, no-winner game and a game with points.
Activity 7: Listen to the problem scenario cards and tell how the character could be feeling or answer the thinking questions.
Activity 8: Use the thinking strategy sheets to talk about vocabulary for small, medium and large sized feelings. Read the different thinking statements that can help you cope, and have students brainstorm their own.
**Don't forget to check the preview to see more of what is inside!
Still not sure that this is right for you? Just ask a question at my store and I'll be happy to help! Thanks for stopping by- Linda@Looks-Like-Language
You might also like:
Pumpkins Emotions Game