Students put a variety of social and language skills to use in this problem solving set with photos! Each problem has a strategy toolbox poster to guide the discussion of the problem. Help your students apply skills to solve common school problems. There's also a link to an editable Google slides version to help with teletherapy or distance learning!
The situations work for upper elementary to middle/high students, depending on their skill levels:
- homework problems (dealing with frustration and asking for help.)
- a hard class (dealing with frustration and asking for help.)
- gossiping (dealing with peers.)
- bullying (dealing with peers.)
- interpreting nonverbal cues.
- making predictions.
- explaining problems.
- justifying solutions.
- figuring out the size of the problem.
- understanding idioms in context.
- figuring out what to say in each situation.
Just print and go!
Also included: A STRATEGY TOOLKIT of page-sized posters to refer to when discussing the problems. These also make an amazingly functional bulletin board display that reminds students to use their strategies! These posters are also included in b/w versions for easier photocopying for individual student use.
What are happy buyers saying?
+ "Love this comprehensive resource! Love the different activities and the figurative language."
+ "This will be sooooooooo good, for my high school students with Autism!!"
+ "Great resource-has so much in it. The thought bubble is a great exercise and the problem solving section offers several ways to work on that skill. Love how figurative language is also worked in."
+ "This is perfect for my 7th-12 grade students. I love the way that figurative language is included, as well as explaining what happened. This will be great for mixed groups, and will be nice for the students with social needs to hear the responses of students who do well in social language."
Each problem includes:
* a short scenario with a photo
* a TOOLKIT STRATEGY poster (page size) in color and b/w to guide discussion
* discussion questions and guide
* a worksheet for thinking about alternative solutions (cause-effect and predicting)
* a worksheet for explaining the problem and the pros/cons for 2 solutions
* a worksheet for story comprehension questions and meanings of idioms in context
* comic strip for writing a dialogue to talk about the problem
* comic strip worksheet for story retelling story conflict with a possible outcome
* a worksheet to answer questions about the size of the problem
* a worksheet for explaining idioms in story context
* idiom and definition flash cards for practice
* an idiom dictionary
* a size of the problem organizer for guiding discussions
* student size of the problem reference in black and white
It pays off to give feedback! You earn credits toward free TpT purchases when you do, and your kind words bring a smile to my day! I love happy feedback and encourage you to ask a question at my store if something isn't right so I can fix it.
Also, be sure to follow me to find out about new products, which are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language
You might also like: