Build social skills for emotions and facial expressions all fall with this fun multiple activity set! Use the variety of activities for fall and pumpkin themes in speech therapy sessions or for your literacy stations. The varied levels, with pictures, words, and short problem scenarios for emotions make working with mixed-level groups easier.
1- Use the picture game boards to match the emotion word cards to the pumpkin.
2- Use the word game boards and give an example of when you felt this way after matching the facial expression picture cards or the emotion word cards to your board.
3- Use any of the emotion cards to play standard games like matching, memory, or go fish.
4- Listen to the 20 short Halloween problem scenario cards and tell how the character feels.
5- Listen to the 20 short autumn-themed problem scenarios and tell how the character feels.
6- Use the synonym/antonym task cards to fill in the word that fits the sentence context.
7- Use any of the card sets with the open-ended pumpkin board game.
8- Use the emotion strategy cards during play to foster independence.
9- Finish the emotions maze activity.
10- Complete the worksheets.
11- Use the task cards and student response sheets for center activities.
12- Play the pumpkin spinner activities.
What are happy buyers saying?
+ This was a great game for my Kinder group that happened to be on Halloween, but I can certainly use it for other groups this fall too! :) Thank you!
+ This was such a fun resource for my younger social skills groups! Thank you!
+ All my groups loved this activity! Great festive product!
+ Great visuals! Very useful packet of materials.
* 20 word cards for emotions (happy, sad, worried, excited, surprised, afraid, concerned, disappointed, confused, bored, sorry, annoyed, embarrassed, disgusted, proud, irritated, shocked, nervous, furious)
* 20 pumpkin face cards showing these emotions.
* 12 game strips with words.
* 12 game strips with pumpkin emotion faces.
* 5 pumpkin face spinners.
* 8 optional game cards for naming emotions.
* Strategy cards showing all of the facial expressions and vocabulary grouped by basic emotion.
* Printable open-ended pumpkin game board.
* Printable B/W pumpkin activity sheet to color, daub or smash!
* 20 Halloween scenarios to elicit the emotion vocabulary.
* 20 autumn scenarios to elicit the emotion vocabulary.
* An emotion word mini-poster.
* 2 worksheets to label the emotion on the face and write a sentence.
* A worksheet for matching pumpkins with the same emotions.
* An emotions maze activity.
It pays off to give feedback! You earn credits toward free TpT purchases when you do, and your kind words bring a smile to my day!
I love happy feedback and encourage you to ask a question at my store if something isn't right so I can fix it. Also, be sure to follow me to find out about new products, which are 50% off for the first 24 hours.
Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language
You might also like: