There are 7+ skills and 6+ activities
packed into this unique set for articulation carryover, social skills, idioms, problems solving, narratives, and inferring perspectives!
Just print and go
to make your mixed group
planning easier! This set has upper elementary level problem stories that require using inferring skills for social situations.
Problems and Idioms include:
* Zip Your Lips
- telling secrets
* A Fish Out Of Water
- a student who doesn't fit in
* Off the Hook
- group practice for a talent show
* Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk
- not studying for a test
* Two Heads Are Better Than One
- staying up late on the computer
* The Cold Shoulder
- playing pranks
1. matching idiom cards with their meanings
2. giving examples to show comprehension of idioms
3. telling narratives for a problem solving or comic strip book
4. playing a problem solving comic strip or puzzle pieces game
5. completing 6 different activity sheets for articulation practice (can also be played as games)
6. discussion and completing worksheets
* carryover of R,S, and L sounds
* explaining idioms
in story context
* explaining different perspectives
in problem situations
* story comprehension
with questions- how and why
* telling and justifying solutions
* making predictions
for effects on relationships
* retelling the story
in puzzle or comic strip format
What are buyers saying?
This is perfect for combination artic and language groups
Great combination of skills!
What a fantastic resource! Such a great way to target so many skills at once. Thank you!
I really like this for the upper elementary grades. It is hard to find material "difficult" enough. Thank you!
* 6 different problem stories that incorporate the skills
* 6 worksheets for story comprehension including how and why questions
* 6 worksheets for explaining problems from 2 different perspectives
* 6 puzzle worksheets for retelling the story and adding dialogue
* 2 stories for each focus sound with 40 words (sounds in all positions)
* data sheets to measure carryover while reading or in discussion
* percentage chart
* 6 comic strip templates for sharing a similar problem or predicting a solution
* 6 activity worksheets for articulation practice that can also be played as games using the idiom cards.
Be sure to check the preview to make sure that this is right for you! Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I'll be happy to help! Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language
You might also like:
• Problem Solving and Perspective Activities 1 for Mixed Speech Groups
• Speech Language Photo Activities for Describing Places