Also included in
- These hands-on, picture filled Thanksgiving activities, games, and worksheets will keep your students engaged while practicing a variety of speech-language and social skills! Make planning for mixed groups and differentiating instruction easier this month with all the choices of fun activities. Grea$14.80$18.50Save $3.70
We all need to be polite! Students in mixed skill groups will have fun practicing polite language while also building language skills for Thanksgiving food vocabulary, listening to riddles, making inferences, or carrying over the 'TH' sound. This fun activity set can be played as games or used as task cards. It also includes a social rules story poster to explain the behaviors expected at holiday meals.
Activities for mixed groups include:
1. 24 Thanksgiving foods inference task cards for oral or written responses.
(Student response sheets included.)
2. What do They Want to Eat? Riddle activity for making inferences about the food each person wants.
3. Play the open-ended printable turkey board game.
4. Read the social rules storybook 'Being Polite at a Thanksgiving Feast.'
5. Display the social rules poster for behaviors expected at a holiday meal.
6. Play the Thanksgiving Feast Game, adaptable for mixed groups by using the food cards, the riddle cards, or the inference cards.
7. Display the Thanksgiving food poster as a word retrieval strategy.
8. Use the food photo cards to teach new vocabulary. (legume, root vegetable, bog, kernel, gourd, harvest)
9. Identify behaviors as rude or polite table manners using the game cards with the game board or as a discussion.
10. Complete the worksheets for categories and rude vs. polite behaviors. Includes some worksheets for adding your own speech practice words.
What are happy buyers saying?
♥ "This packet was a great way to target a variety of objectives."
♥ "Wonderful resource!"
♥ "Love it for self contained classroom"
It pays off to give feedback! You earn credits toward free TpT purchases when you do, and your kind words bring a smile to my day! I love happy feedback and encourage you to ask a question at my store if something isn't right so I can fix it.
Also, be sure to follow me to find out about new products, which are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language
You might also like: