Social skill knowledge and pragmatics can be challenging for students with autism, PDD, or any special need, on any given day. However, birthday parties can be especially stressful. This 121 page packet, containing a version in color and also a version with black-line only (for printing convenience), is full of activities, directions, and tools for conquering any and all social skills needed to successfully attend a birthday party (the student's, or a friend's). This packet contains 62 color pages and 59 black-line pages. Included in this packet are:
Directions/Procedures for all activities
Answer keys for all activities
(36) What should you do/say cards (ready to be cut and laminated)
(4) pages of conversation starters for you and student
(2) writing prompt pages on possible dilemmas that may arise at party
(1) page on appropriate things to say when opening a gift
(1) page on what not to say when opening a gift
(1) page "Good Idea or Poor Idea?" at birthday party
(1) page reviewing common questions asked at birthday parties
(1) behavior monitoring chart/stick
(1) volume monitoring chart/stick
(42) vocabulary flash cards (common words heard at birthday parties)
(1) page circle what you might see at a birthday party
(1) page circle what you might hear at a birthday party
(1) page circle what you need to make a cake
(1) page circle who you may see at a birthday party
(1) page circle what you might eat at a birthday party
(1) template for writing a thank you card
(2) templates for writing birthday invitations
(6) short social stories asking child to take another's perspective, identify emotion, and determine if child acted in a good or poor way
(1) "I need a break" sign
Please enjoy and be sure to leave a review! Also, click on the green star above to receive notifications of sales and new products!
Also, please be sure to check out my best selling product! SocialSkillsforSuperKids!
Additionally, before you purchase this packet please take a look at a bundle that contains this item, as well as two other social skills packets, and would save you money!
To earn credits: After you make a purchase, rate and comment fairly on the product page of your purchased item. You need to do both to earn your credits. But you don't have to rate and comment right away. You can do so after you've had a chance to use the product. Just return to the product page when you're logged in to TpT.
For every dollar you spend on TpT, you'll earn 1 credit—and we'll round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases.
Please be aware that this is copyrighted by Lauren DiBiase. Purchasing this item entitles you to only use this in your own classroom/therapy room/SLP assignment only. You are not permitted to make copies for other professionals, share the file directly via the internet, and re-selling this product is strictly prohibited. If others are interested in using this product please direct them back to the original source which is this page, or purchase a multi-user license. Thank you very much.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests, please email me at LaurenDiBiaseTPT@gmail.com